Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Simple elements

I needed to make several cards, so yesterday afternoon I looked in my stash of specialty papers trying to get an idea that would be different from what I've done in the past.  I found a sheet of 12 x 12 color-me paper from Paper Wishes.  It was white paper embossed with gold flowers and flourishes in one corner, the rest of the sheet covered with gold embossed dots.  Using the same basic principle for each card, I cut four pieces of the paper for the fronts of the cards, then colored just one element.
I was able to make three really totally different cards by using a different color and a different backing as you can see above.

The card on the left is backed with a gold metallic paper and used a turquoise blue for the color emphasis:
For the card on the right, I used a pretty pink backing and added the pink flower to bring out that color on the front:
Then for the middle card, a congratulations on her high school graduation, I made a card for my great niece using the colors of her school, green and gold.  I used a holographic green paper (from Paper Wishes) for the backing and for the scrolled backing on the greeting, then colored the flower with a golden yellow marker.  The holographic paper doesn't show well with my photography, but it is quite striking in person.  You can just see some of the holographic design in the circles that you can see along the edges.  I stamped the greeting inside with gold ink to carry that theme through to the inside of the card.

All in all, I like the simple elegance of this design of card.

No comments:

Post a Comment