Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Building my sanctuary



I Chronicles 22:19 Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the Lord your God.  Begin to build the sanctuary…

There were two major things David told his son Solomon to do: 1) seek God with all his heart and soul, and 2) begin to build the sanctuary for the ark to rest in.  They seem almost totally unrelated at first glace, but the more I think about it, the more I see a vital connection between the two things.  Why would building the sanctuary be of importance unless there was first of all a love fore it that came from knowing the God of the ark that represented the covenant God had made with the children of Israel?   For myself, in my own lifetime, this verse reminds me that I will build my “sanctuary” only in proportion to my devotion to seeking/knowing the Lord my God.  Only then will I be able to build it, even though all the tools and supplies are there, already provided by God, just as David had done for Solomon.

No comments:

Post a Comment