Monday, May 8, 2017

I already have it!



Psalm 29:11 The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.

I noticed that this verse does not say that strength and peace are “available” to the Lord’s people.  It says they have those two spiritual commodities!  I do not have to ask the Lord for strength or for peace … they are already in me to put to use.  I think this is a profound truth that most of us who are God’s children have missed.  We are constantly asking the Lord for strength or for peace when we should actually be asking the Lord to help us use them in our lives.  I should be asking God to help me learn to put them to use, to appropriate their power in my circumstances, whatever they may be at any given time.  My prayer is that I will grow into this truth as I mature spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment