Monday, May 1, 2017

When a little is a lot



I Chronicles 12:28 …with 22 officers from his family…

In this list of armed men who joined David for battle, 340,622 of them total, I find myself wondering why Zadok, a brave young warrior who brought only 22 men, is listed.  Perhaps even though it was only 22 men, he still came to fight, and that was important to God.  Perhaps he is important because he was brave enough to come with the little he had to offer, but he was brave…  No matter what the exact circumstances, it is clear that the little bit Zadok offered made a difference to God and to David, a difference enough to make him worth noting in this list.  If he had not been noted here, I may never have seen the lesson for myself so many years later.  It isn’t how much I offer to God, it is the fact that I offer what I have that matters.  I am reminded of a song I rather vaguely recall from many years ago, "Little is much when God is in it."  That is about all I remember of that song but it came to my mind immediately when thinking of this account of Zadok.

No comments:

Post a Comment