Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Recognizing God's role in my successes



II Samuel 8:11 King David dedicated these articles to the Lord, as he had done with the silver and gold from all the nations he had subdued; …

This chapter tells of all the victories King David had over the larger and wealthier nations around Israel: the Philistines, Moabites, Zobah, and Arameans of Damascus.  Then as a peace offering/white flag of surrender, David received the articles of silver and gold mentioned in this verse.  David was obviously a great leader and a powerful, successful warrior as well.  He could have so easily seen himself as the greatest, yet in his dedication of all the plunder and gifts of his battles to the Lord, he was recognizing that without God he would not have been so successful.  Even after dedicating so much to the Lord, David became a very wealthy man, so he did not lose anything by giving so much to God.  I may never be as wealthy or famous as David was, but if I continue to recognize the role God plays in my life, I will never be sorry.  Later in the passage connected to this verse it says that God gave David victory wherever he went, and that is my anticipation for myself.  If I obey and honor the Lord, He will give me the success I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment