Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The important role of giving thanks



Psalm 50:23 He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation.

In this psalm, God has declared that He does not need sacrifices because He owns the earth and has no need of being provided with food (v.7-13), but when they made thank offerings to God they would be honoring Him and He would provide deliverance (v.15) and salvation (v.23).  From this I see how closely related thanksgiving is to 1) honoring the Lord, and 2) finding salvation and deliverance from troubles.  As I learn to be more and more thankful, I will experience more spiritual growth and more deliverance from what weighs me down.  How telling of our society that Thanksgiving is a holiday being pushed out of the way for other holidays!  Could that be a sign of a much deeper spiritual problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment