Friday, May 12, 2017

My example



Psalm 69:6 May those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me, O Lord, the Lord Almighty; may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me, O God of Israel.

This prayer psalm of David so beautifully expresses the desire of my own heart to be faithful to the end so as to never be the cause of someone else losing heart or leaving the faith because of something I might say or do.  As is obvious from other parts of the psalm, David expressed this sentiment in the middle of great difficulties.  In verse one he says he is up to his neck in those challenges.  So even in the midst of really hard times, he wanted to be true to his faith in God as an example to those who were observing what he was going through.  That is my prayer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment