Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Encouragement



Psalm 3:3 But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

I love the word pictures in this verse of what God does for me, even in the middle of difficult of uncertain circumstances.  First, David says that God is around him, shielding him.  If I am able to understand that I am protected even if bad things are happening, that gives me strength and courage to face those difficulties in a way I could not do on my own.  Then, I especially like the picture of God lifting up my head.  I picture someone down in the dumps or discouraged or feeling defeated as one whose head is bowed down.  But God lifts up my head, a sign of courage and a positive outlook, if you will, as you look up instead of down.  That is what happens when I get a renewed vision of being surrounded by the Lord.  His presence brings encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment