Thursday, May 18, 2017

He speaks once, I hear two things



Psalm 62:11-12 One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving.

There are two things we can know without a doubt about God.  There is a lot we don’t know or don’t comprehend or don’t understand about God because He is too eternal and too holy and too great.  But David put it very well, no matter how our understanding or knowledge about God may be limited, we can know that He is strong and that He is loving.  We have lots of evidence of those two things in our lives.  As I think about it, those are the two things that I want to see in my own life most.  If God is strong, I want to see His loving-ness, and if He is loving, I want to see evidence of His strength.  His strength brings courage to me and His loving-ness gives me comfort.  These two things help me face just about anything that may come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment