Friday, May 5, 2017

No more burden-bearing



Psalm 68:19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. 

This verse is a great reminder to me that God is a personal, “everyday” God, One who is not distant and removed from me or my circumstances.  Every day He is ready to bear my burdens.  Even though I am one of millions of people currently on the earth who love God and try to live for Him, He is my Lord, my God, my Savior, and is bearing my burdens!  This psalm talks about God leading a victorious, joyful procession of rescued people, which tells me that I can be freed from my burdens because He is bearing them.  The psalm ends on that victorious, freedom-filled note: “the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people.”  When I am free of my burdens I have power and strength to use on things other than burden-bearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment