Thursday, May 11, 2017

Putting others first



II Samuel 10:5 When David was told about this, he sent messengers to meet the men, for they were greatly humiliated.

Here is a sign of how good a king David was.  He was very sensitive to the men who had been humiliated by the Ammonites, and he made special provision for them to not have further humiliation.  I think this is especially noteworthy under the circumstances.  David was a warrior and I am sure he was especially upset, given that he had sent these men as an act of friendship and respect for the king who had died.  Even though he did send an army to fight the Ammonites, his first act was to help the men who had been treated so unkindly.  I hope and pray that I will show that much sympathy/empathy in times of turmoil by putting other people first in my thoughts and reactions to situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment