Wednesday, May 3, 2017

I am especially pleased with having conquered what was for me a huge challenge in my card-making efforts.  For months now I have admired pictures of rainbow-colored cards and never have had the courage to try it because I did not have any specific instructions to follow.  Yesterday I was feeling a bit down in the dumps and the rainbow card is so bright and cheerful that I decided to try my hand at it.  It definitely cheered me up!  Can you see why?
All those layers of bright colors!!!  Well, it turned out great, but boy, was it time-consuming!  Cutting the strips of color and punching the edge wasn't so bad, but getting the spacing done for layering the strips was quite the challenge for this ol' gal who is less than artistic. 

THEN I waxed truly creative for the inside.  I say creative because I am not good at coming up with totally unique ideas, but the inside of the card was just that.  Not spectacular, but striking in it's similarity to the outside of the card, as you can see here:
I have a certain birthday person coming up with a birthday in a couple of weeks and I hope this card will cheer her up as much as it cheered me up to make it!


No comments:

Post a Comment