Thursday, May 25, 2017

Exploding box, graduation style

My neighbor asked me to help her make something special for a relative who is graduating from high school so we worked together on making an exploding box.  I put the box together and gathered up some papers and embellishments I had in my stash of stuff and we planned out what she would put on each panel.  It took us most of the week but we finished it this afternoon and we decided we did a pretty good job for two people who are not the most artistic people around!  (I always tell people I am creative but not artistic so am always nervous about how something is going to turn out).

Anyway, here are some pictures of the finished product.  We are both eager to see how it is received by the graduate!

The sides are covered with red ripple foil paper from Paper Wishes.  I cut the letter "G" with my Slice machine.

The girl who is graduating plays volleyball so I also cut a volleyball player with my Slice machine along with a graduation cap and we popped both up with foam tape to make them more 3-D.  On the third panel we put her high school letters (SHS).  The little pocket on the one inside panel will hold a small gift.  The year is in the middle in both black and red numbers.

We put two quotes on opposite panels and two photos of her, one as a baby and one as a high school senior on the opposite panels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment