Monday, May 29, 2017

Act like a man



I Kings 2:2b-3 So be strong, act like a man, and observe what the Lord your God requires.  Walk in obedience to him … so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go…

David, out of his lengthy and vast experience of walking with God, gave Solomon a nutshell of advice that would help him as king.  “Be a man,” he said, “and obey God.”  It is almost as though he was saying, “Just because it isn’t always easy doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it!  Buck up, be a man, and do what is right and do whatever you are required to do.”  Sometimes that is how I have felt … like it was too hard to do what was right, and yet I knew I had to do it anyway.  And the result is prosperity of heart and soul that I gained even if it was not material prosperity.  That is where I think a lot of people misunderstand what God intends as the result of determined obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment