Sunday, March 12, 2017

Speciality cards

While doing my laundry yesterday  I got "inspired" to make two specialty cards.  I say "speciality" because they are not the usual kinds of cards, and I guess, to be honest, for me they are specialty because of the challenge I had to put them together and have them actually turn out pretty close to my vision of what I wanted!  A friend has asked me to help her make a card for a very special occasion and I made these as samples for her to see some interesting, out-of-the-ordinary cards we might make.

This first card is a cascading card made with two long pieces of cardstock woven together then decorated.  I made my own 3-D flowers using a die I have and then added buttons and/or brads to each flower center.  Add a few sprigs of leaves and twigs and a couple of butterflies and it was done.  Took some time to do but I am pleased with the result.

The second sample I made is much simpler but the effect is a fun one...
Can you see the one portion that is decorated with a green holographic paper?  I could not get a picture to do it justice, but it does have a good impact!  And then, so you can see the rest of the card...
The front panel (with the bird) is a very light green with little purple flowers, which is why I chose the purple flower print paper on the last panel.



No comments:

Post a Comment