Friday, March 31, 2017

Battle experience



Judges 3:1-2 These are the nations the Lord left to test all those Israelites who had not experienced any of the wars in Canaan (he did this only to teach warfare to the descendants … [who had] not had previous battle experience).

At least some of the “new” challenges I find myself experiencing in my life are probably allowed by God just as He allowed the battle experiences for the Israelites.  So many times I find myself saying that it seems like after so many years of walking the Christian life, I should not have to be fighting that particular battle.  But it is for that very reason … I have to learn how to fight, and the only way I can do that effectively is to actually fight!  God knows that so He allows certain battles to come along just so I can get the experience I need to be a better, stronger Christian.  It takes practice to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment