Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Be careful



Joshua 23:6 Be very strong; be careful to obey all that is written in the Book of the Law of Moses, without turning aside to the right or to the left.

It takes strength to not deviate from doing the right thing.  It is so much easier to “go with the flow” instead of staying on the right track.  This is true in just about every area of my life, be it spiritually or in other areas of my physical or emotional life.  It seems to always be easier to take the easier (and usually the more natural) path.  My sinful, undisciplined nature will always win out unless I am very strong, and am careful to obey what is right. It is God’s Word that will help protect me from being weak and from deviating from His perfect path for me.  The cautionary tone of this verse reminds me of the importance of staying strong and cautious in my obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment