Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Intimidated? Maybe ... Afraid? No!



Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Joshua was getting ready to take over leadership of Israel from Moses.  Moses had been leading for many years and was highly revered by the people, so I am sure there had to be some hesitation on Joshua’s part even though he had good standing with the people and good leadership skills and experience.  He knew the enormity of the immediate future’s activities, so this reminder of God’s presence and direction would be a timely one for him… as it is to us even now, all these years later.  No need for fear or discouragement when my goal is to follow the Lord, and as He is leading.  As I grow older I see some things as more intimidating than I did when I was younger, perhaps because I have more life experience so can understand the enormity of certain kinds of decisions.  As my body grows weaker from age and my mind is less keen I can also look back at the many times when it was evident that the Lord had gone before me and was with me, so even though physically life may be more challenging.  I am not afraid.  I remain determined to follow God’s leading in my life.  I am not discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment