Thursday, March 9, 2017

Barbs and thorns



Numbers 33:55  But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will become barbs in your eyes and thorns in your sides.  They will give you trouble in the land where you will live.

This warning to the Israelites reminds me of the same principle I see at work in my spiritual and personal life.  The less-than-desirable traits and habits, and sins, that I do not work to get rid of, those are often the things that give me the most trouble.  When I allow my bad habit to stay around, when I don’t work to “drive it out” I keep having trouble with that very thing.  I cannot allow those things to remain.  They will continue to hamper my spiritual growth, not to speak of those physical things that can cause me trouble.  I want to become more and more like Christ in every aspect of my life and those barbs and thorns can retard that progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment