Saturday, March 18, 2017

An old dog CAN learn new tricks!

This old dog can still learn new tricks!!  I am pleased with the results of my card-making efforts yesterday as I learned a new technique from my new CD "Teresa's Stamp Camp 4" from my favorite online store Paper Wishes.  I am constantly amazed at the ideas that people come up with for new ways to use old tools in scrapbooking!  I wish I had half that ingenuity, but I am happy to have access to such great ideas. 

This idea was to make four different pages of embossed cardstock then cut them apart at a slight angle and glue them in strips for the front of the card.  The idea fascinated me and although it was a bit time-consuming, I was glad I did it because the result is quite striking.  I had enough to make two cards and here they are:

When I was finished, I still had some small pieces of embossed paper left over and I hated to throw them away, so I came up with one last card...
In the photograph, the green bow doesn't seem to match the card base, but that is the result of a less than good photographer!  Trust me, in "real life" it looks fine!  But the main reason for showing this card is the totally different use of the embossed strips.  I swiped an ink pad over the center banner to change it even more.  The green card made a fitting end to a great St. Patrick's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment