Monday, March 13, 2017

It's not my good looks



Deuteronomy 7:7-8a The Lord did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples.  But it was because the Lord loved you…

It is not easy to understand or even to comprehend how or why I am born again and am choosing to live for God while other people are not doing so even though they may have had equal opportunity to make such a decision.  I know that it is not because of my abilities in any area, or because of my influence or my wealth … not my good looks, as they say.  Nor was it my good luck.  But I know that my spiritual condition is the result of two things: 1) God’s love for me, and, 2) my personal response to that love.  I revel in this knowledge even though I don’t understand it, and I pray that I will never stop responding to His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment