Wednesday, March 15, 2017

My offering to God



Deuteronomy 12:18b … you are to rejoice before the Lord your God in everything you put your hand to.

I must admit I am not really clear on the meaning of this within its context, but it seems to be a reminder to the Israelites that giving their tithes and offerings should be an act of joy and not just of obligation.  For certain, it is my reminder that everything I do should be surrounded by joy.  There are times when I do not want to do something but I know I have to do it, something that I don’t feel prepared to do or maybe do not even want to do and I rebel at having to fulfill that obligation.  As I recognize that joy is part of my gift, my offering, to the Lord, whether my act is one of obligation or is one of choice, it doesn’t really make any difference.  I should “rejoice before the Lord” in it all, and when I understand that truth, it makes a difference in how I fulfill that responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment