Friday, March 3, 2017

Dragonflies

I have been working hard to try to expand my technique skills for making cards.  I don't want to ever be stuck in a rut and just doing the same things over and over, so this week I have tried a couple of new things ... new for me, that is.

One success has been my developing skill at heat embossing, which is not a new technique but is something I have used very little until now.  I am pleased with the results.

I stamped my dragonflies onto print paper and embossed them with white embossing powder, then cut them out and glued them to a piece of white cardstock that I had tinted with distress ink.  Adding teal colored jewel dazzles brought the little dragonfly bodies to life. 

I started to make this card a thinking of you card but before I finished the interior I discovered that a person for whom I was going to make a birthday card in a couple of week loves the color teal, so I quickly changed my plan and added the birthday message on the inside instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment