Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Pleasing Prayer



Numbers 28:2cas an aroma pleasing to me.

This phrase is repeated over and over again in the passages that describe the number of and frequency of the offerings the Israelites were to make to the Lord every year.  They  had daily (morning and evening), weekly, monthly, and yearly offerings.  From other scriptures we know that the pleasing aroma of those offerings was a symbol of prayer, which reminds me of how often God wants me to be in a prayerful position.  Does that mean prayer is to be a legalistic, regulated activity?  Why so many offerings/prayers?  I think the secret is in this phrase which is repeated so many times throughout the books of Leviticus and Numbers in the listing of the laws concerning those offerings.  God sees my communication with Him as something pleasant, something to be frequent and sweet.  He likes to have that frequent communication with His people.  It is pleasing to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment