Friday, March 3, 2017

My Gifts to Ministers



Numbers 18:7b I am giving you the service of the priesthood as a gift.

The opportunities I have to serve God in some way are each one a gift from God to me.  They are my opportunity to show my love for God and appreciation for His care and for my salvation.  The priestly service was one in which the priest served as intercessor between God and the people, and this was a gift from God as well.  In an earlier verse (v.2) the Lord told Aaron that the others of the tribe of Levi who were not serving as priests were also a gift to him and the other priests.  As their gift, those Levites would minister to the priests while they performed their duties in the tabernacle.  The term “gift” implies something pleasant, not an imposition on the receiver of the gift.  The duty of ministry to those who are in spiritual leadership and the “gift” of prayer for others is a gift God has given me.  This sheds a whole new light on my ministry to, and prayer for, others.  Whatever I can do to encourage and support spiritual leaders will be a part of what God has called me to do as a member of the “royal priesthood” of believers.  (This reminds me of an earlier post from Numbers 8... same principles reflected earlier.  I think God is reminding me of an important principle for my retirement years!)

No comments:

Post a Comment