Thursday, March 16, 2017

I am God's treasured possession



Deuteronomy 14:2b Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the Lord has chosen you to be his treasured possession.

This verse is found in the middle of regulations concerned with clean and unclean foods and activities.  It seemed a little bit out of place until I began to realize how intertwined the two concepts are.  Because the people were chosen, treasured possessions of a holy God, they should do all possible to remain holy, thus all the special regulations.  Likewise, they would do everything possible to be clean and holy because they were God’s chosen, treasured possessions.  I should be holy because I am the Lord’s possession, but I am also made holy by the same.   My lifestyle, my actions, should always enhance that truth while that same lifestyle and those same actions will be the result of that truth as well.  I am His treasured possession, chosen to be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment