Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Building up my inheritance

I had begun thinking I was going to get through the entire winter season without so much as a cold, but it did not happen!  One of the problems with getting sick with a flu is that you lose your energy for all those "extras" that you like to do.  One of my "extras" is to write my Bible journaling, so I have fallen behind in my reading and writing. 



Joshua 19:50b And he built up the town and settled there.

The town of Timnath Serah was the town given to Joshua by the Israelites as his inheritance.  He had led them through the initial stages of the occupation of Canaan and this was his reward.  One wonders what made the town attractive to Joshua (he asked for it by name).  It was in the hill country of Ephraim and must have been small and maybe undeveloped, or in ruins after the fighting over the land.  But Joshua saw potential so he took the inheritance and built it up and settled there.  I should never be afraid to look at the potential of a situation, take possession of it, and do all I can to build it up and “live with it” (in a positive sense of that phrase!).  It is my inheritance from God.  I need to “own” whatever situation God puts into my life and make the best of it possible using the principles I see in what Joshua did.  I  want to be as strong and insightful as I see Joshua was.

No comments:

Post a Comment