Monday, March 20, 2017

God's good treasury



Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

There are some things that I will never know or understand because they are the “secret things” that only God knows.  However, there are things that God has revealed through His Word, through my conscience, through creation, and those things form the basis of my obligation to obedience.  If I obey what I know and understand, I will be doing all the Lord requires of me.  I can wonder about those other “secret things” but I don’t have to worry about their impact on me except as God reveals them to me.  This makes my obedience so much easier, particularly so when I remember the words of the previous chapter in 28:12: “The Lord will open to you his good treasury, the heavens … to bless all the work of your hands.” (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment