Tuesday, August 1, 2017

No prayer in heaven



Isaiah 65:24 Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.

I have always thought of this verse in terms of prayer during my life here on earth.  In fact, that was the context in which I first learned this verse in Sunday school.  Of course, many other verses in the Bible till us that is indeed true that God hears our prayers and answers them, sometimes almost before we finish praying.  As I read this verse in its context in this chapter, however, I realized that there is another powerfully encouraging and exciting meaning to this verse as well.  This passage is actually telling us about the future in heaven, in the new heaven and new earth.  In that context this verse is my reminder that I will be “right there” in heaven with God.  No prayer will be necessary because we will be having constant, direct interaction with Him!  I guess you could say there will be no prayer in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment