Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Don't cry



Jeremiah 31:16 This is what the Lord says: “Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work will be rewarded,” declares the Lord.

There have been times when I have felt a great inner turmoil and frustration because of a sense of not accomplishing what I thought God wanted from me.  Sometimes that happens because I have not applied myself diligently enough, and if that is the case, my turmoil is well-founded.  But more often it is because I cannot see for myself the good results from something I have tried or am trying to do to accomplish God’s plan and purposes for me.  This verse is my encouragement to “keep on keeping on” in my efforts to serve and honor God in my life.  My work will be rewarded as long as I continue to work and not stop for weeping and tears.  Some rewards may even come only after I have left this life, but the reward will come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment