Thursday, August 17, 2017

My promise, God's promise



Jeremiah 32:39-40 I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me and that all will then go well for them and for their children after them.  I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me.

Once again, from these verses I am reminded that I rely on God for everything.  All I do is to decide to live for God and to honor Him in my life, then God Himself takes over.  According to these verses, He gives me even my ability to have no other focus.  He gives me the inspiration I need to love, honor and obey Him above all else.  He gives me the courage to stay close to Him and never turn away from Him.  Then He adds His promises of well-being and constant care, not only for me but for those who come after me.  In modern jargon, it is a win-win situation for me!  That is why, every morning, I ask God to honor my trust in Him to help me stay focused on Him that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment