Friday, August 11, 2017

Like a tree



Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.  They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

The picture of the tree by the water is one of my favorites from scripture to describe how God wants to work in my life, making it a life of productivity and faith.  That is the blessing God wants to give me in this life on earth if I will trust Him.  If I am “planted” near Him, I will have courage (“I will not fear”) and consistency (my “leaves will always be green”).  I will have peace (“no worries in a year of drought”) and productivity (“never fail to bear fruit”).  These blessings will only come in relation to how far I send out my roots to get the living water I need and if I have planted myself near  the streams of living water, I will never need to worry about growing dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment