Friday, August 25, 2017

Waiting



Lamentations 3:26 It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

When I feel the need of God’s help in some situations, I usually am in a state of some level of distress of some kind, and feel anything but quietness in my spirit or in my circumstances.  One of the hardest things to do is to “wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord,” instead of trying to figure out who I should talk to, what I need to do to work things out, or how to remedy the situation in some other way.  As I look back over my life experiences, however, I find that God has always worked things out for good in the end (Romans 8:28), and those times that are the fondest in my memory are the ones where I did what this verse says is best, when I waited quietly for God to meet my special need for that situation.  They are the fondest memories and the ones that cause me to thank Him the most for His loving care.  “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end.” (3:22)

No comments:

Post a Comment