Friday, August 4, 2017

Brace yourselves



Nahum 2:1 Guard the fortress, watch the road, brace yourselves, marshal all your strength!

Although this is in a passage talking about God’s anger toward the wicked city of Ninevah and His plan to punish them, I also saw in this verse a reminder of how I need to stand against the sinlessness, godlessness, and wickedness in the world around me.  As the world becomes more and more wicked as the end nears toward the coming of Christ, this verse seems to describe how I should respond in preparation for the onslaught of evil.  I have to guard against it, watch out for its attempts to penetrate my own heart and life.  It is coming, so I must brace myself and gather all my spiritual strength, recognizing that as long as I am in this world, I will have to fight against the forces trying to destroy my own soul.  Being on the alert and prepared is what will protect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment