Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Victory and freedom are coming!



Jeremiah 50:33b-34 All their captors hold them fast, refusing to let them go.  Yet their Redeemer is strong; the Lord Almighty is his name.  He will vigorously defend their cause so that he may bring rest to their land, but unrest to those who live in Babylon.

This verse is comforting to me when I think about the power of sins and weaknesses that I struggle against in my life.  I do not have the addictions that some people struggle with, but I see how difficult it is to break certain habits in my life, and they are like captors holding onto me.  Se when I read that my Redeemer is strong and that He is standing up for me, I am comforted.  Not only does He stand up for me, but this verse says He vigorously defends me!  The reason?  So that I can rest.  I do not have to fret and worry about my bad habits’ hold on me.  I can rest because my Redeemer is vigorously defending me, and that I will eventually have victory over those habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment