Monday, August 14, 2017

God's plan for me



Jeremiah 29:11-13 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call on my and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

I have never really put the thoughts in the first verse of these three together with the next two until I read them this time, for some reason.  I had always thought of verse 11 in terms of the planning of the future of my life, in terms of my vocation, my wealth, my experiences.  But when I read that verse with the following ones I realize the plans God has for me are more intimate to me even than those “big” plans.  The plans of my prosperity that will bring me hope are God’s plans to hear my prayers and to be near to me in every situation.  When I trust Him, when I call to Him for help, when I seek Him and turn to Him, I am fulfilling His plans for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment