Thursday, August 31, 2017

Even the trees know



Ezekiel 17:24 All the trees of the forest will know that I the Lord bring down the tall tree and make the low tree grow tall.  I dry up the green tree and make the dry tree flourish.  I the Lord have spoken, and I will do it.

What struck me the most when I read this verse was the last phrase: “I the Lord have spoken, and I will do it.”  It reminded me of my childhood, when Mom or Daddy would say something like “I told you if you did that again you would be punished…”  and I would be punished!  They meant what they said, and they acted on their words.  In this verse I am reminded that what God has said He means and He will do it, even though what He says seems out of the ordinary.  Even when what He says He will do would take a miracle to do, He will do it.  Even if what He says He will do is the opposite of the natural order of things, He will do it.  He has spoken, out of His omniscience and His omnipotence, so He will do it, and there will be no question as to what He has done or that He is the One who did it.  Even “all the trees of the field shall know that I am the Lord.” (v.24, ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment