Monday, August 7, 2017

Set apart



Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart, I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

This very familiar verse is once again my reminder of God’s omniscience and purposefulness in His creation, even in my creation as a human being.  Regardless of one’s theological beliefs or understanding of predestination, the beauty of this verse lies in the reminder that God does have a purpose and a plan for me.  Of course, I can appreciate this far more when I am living close to Him than if I were a “wandering soul” intent on my own desires.  There is a depth of delight in the knowledge that I am living out God’s plan for me even if it is not exactly what I had planned for myself!  He set me apart for this life, and I find great comfort and joy in that.  It is my destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment