Saturday, October 7, 2017

World Cardmaking Day

I am pleased to have gotten so much done on this World Cardmaking Day!  I had started a set of cards to send to each of the full-time leadership/pastoral staff at church a couple of days ago, and got them all finished today.  That was ten cards:

Here are a couple of them up close:

I don't usually like to make lots of the same thing, but with the different colors, it wasn't so hard, plus I thought about the individuals who would be receiving the cards as I made them and that made it more personal.
Then I tried another new thing, a One Sheet Wonder (OSW) set of cards, where I used one piece of paper that was 6" x 6" then cut into several smaller pieces.  Each piece was used on a card, making 4 different cards.  It was more fun than I had anticipated and here again I felt like it was not doing the same thing over and over, even though I used the same "ingredients" for each card.  You can see what I mean here:
I had four non-family birthdays this month to make cards for but I feel like each one is still getting her "own" card!  I'll definitely try this methodology again!


No comments:

Post a Comment