Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Still learning



Luke 2:50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.

I do not feel like I can be too hard on Mary and Joseph for not understanding or fully comprehending who Jesus was or what he was.  After all, as I look back over my own life and spiritual experiences, I sometimes feel appalled at my lack of insight in many circumstances.  Even though Mary and Joseph lived with Jesus, and had occasion to observe him on a daily basis, they were only human, finite in their ability to comprehend spiritual things.  They had to grow and develop spiritually just like anyone else, and they had nothing in their background that measured anywhere close to this new experience and knowledge so they had to learn to “connect the dots” just as I have had to do … and am still doing.  My advantage is that I have the entire Bible plus 2000+ years of learning at my disposal and I still do not understand!  I can still learn a lot from Mary and Joseph.

No comments:

Post a Comment