Monday, October 9, 2017

Thanks to Olive, Shirley, Doris, Joe and Elizabeth



Luke 6:40 The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.

There is no doubt about the effect a good teacher has on his students.  As I look back over my own experiences with teachers, I can see how much influence some of them had on me, either in how I understand a fact or in how I respond to an issue.  Miss Olive Tuck, my 7th grade English teacher, is the main reason I pursue correct grammar.  Miss Shirley Wood, my librarian mentor, is the one who instilled in me the desire to use my profession as a tool to serve the Lord.  Mrs. Doris Burkett, my Gideon Auxiliary mentor inspired me with confidence to be a leader of discipleship of other women through my Auxiliary ministry opportunities.  And my parents are the ones who showed me how to be willing to do, to TRY, anything as a way to honor God, even if I wasn’t the best at a particular activity.  All of these teachers or mentors influenced me and I see a bit of each of them in me now, which reminds me that as I allow Christ to teach me, I will emulate more and more of Him as well, and THAT should be my main goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment