Thursday, October 26, 2017

Be dressed and ready



Luke 12:35 Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning.

This is a picture of readiness for whatever may come or whatever may happen.  There is a sense here that if I am ready, then I won’t have to stop and think how to respond when a call comes for service.  When I am confronted by a need I will be able to respond favorably because I am dressed and have my lamp already burning.  Being dressed is my picture of personal preparation; having a personal relationship with God means I am clothed with the garment of salvation and the shoes of the gospel of peace.  Having my lamp burning means I am able to see where and how to walk because the light of the Word is lighting my path.  With my clothing and my lamp already both in place, then I am automatically ready for service.

No comments:

Post a Comment