Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I am satisfied



Matthew 14:20 And they all ate and were satisfied.

As I was reading the accounts in Matthew, Mark and in Luke of the feeding of the thousands this morning, I was struck by the phrase appearing in all three accounts,” They all ate and were satisfied.”  When Jesus miraculously multiplied the food available for the crowds, they did not just get enough to tide them over until they could get their own food.  They had enough to be satisfied.  That gives me the impression there was no lingering need or desire for more than what they got.  It made me think of the many times I have found myself feeling so satisfied, so fulfilled by what God has provided for me spiritually.  My relationship to God through Jesus has given me fulfillment that I do not see in many around me who are struggling with life.  It is not that I have “arrived” to some kind of perfection, or have a life without its challenges.  No, it is the fact that I have found satisfaction in knowing God and living close to Him.   I want more, but not because of not having had enough of God.  I have eaten and am satisfied.  All who ate were satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment