Thursday, October 12, 2017

My sphere of influence



Matthew 11:11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

I was struck by the reminder in this verse that for every great/famous/renowned person who serves God, there are many unknown faithful people as well, people like my parents and those who mentored them and me, particularly in the early years of our Christian walk.  These were people who loved the Lord and served Him faithfully in their small sphere of influence.  Each had an impact on the Kingdom of God, just not a big public venue as do those like John the Baptist’s.  Their reward is the same as the famous person if they have been faithful.  I need to stand guard against wanting anything other than the sphere of influence God has given me.  It is that sphere that I will find God’s work for me for which I will be held accountable to God.  It is there that I will find my greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment