Friday, October 27, 2017

Cause for celebration



Luke 15:10 … there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.

Scripture tells us that the angels marvel over what God has done out of love and mercy for man.  They cannot understand in the same way as we, as sinful people, understand, but here we are told that they celebrate our repentance.  It is really special to know that when I, as a six-year-old child accepted Christ, the angels in heaven celebrated!  I was important enough to cause that celebration!  It has been said that if I were the only sinner on earth, Jesus still would have been willing to die for me and the fact that the angels celebrate over just one repentance confirms that for me.  It is invigorating spiritually to know how important my salvation is to God, to Jesus, and to the angels.  The angels are so focused on glorifying God that what I do in response to Him is pleasing to all of heaven and is cause for celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment