Friday, October 13, 2017

The good stored up in me



Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

This verse reminded me vividly of an important principle that is very obvious but somehow does not get noticed as often as it probably should.  What comes out of a person (whether good or bad words, or good or bad deeds), comes out of a heart filled with that.  If I have spent my time and energy filling my mind and life with God-based things, then that is what is stored up in me and that is what comes out.  But the opposite is also true, and that is why we see and hear of acts of violence or meanness, or immorality, that is what will come out if I fill my life and mind with such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment