Thursday, October 19, 2017

Fully explained



Mark 4:34 He did not say anything to them without using a parable.  But when he was alone with his own disciples, he explained everything.

The disciples were those who were fully committed to Jesus and as that, Jesus knew they needed a deeper level of knowledge and understanding than the regular crowds of His followers.  For that reason, Jesus took extra time and effort to explain spiritual truths to them.  The crowds of people got parables to open their understanding, but the disciples got in-depth training of spiritual principles.  This reminds me of a verse in Proverbs 28:5: “Evildoers do not understand what is right, but those who seek the Lord understand it fully.”  I see that same principle in this verse about Jesus and His disciples and it gives me encouragement for myself and my desire to understand God’s Word and the Christian walk “fully.”  When that is my desire, God will give me extra understanding, not just tell me a story to illustrate a truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment