Monday, October 30, 2017

As I go



Luke 17:14b, 19 And as they went, they were cleansed. … Rise and go, your faith has made you well.

It has always struck me a quite significant that the lepers were healed as they went.  They evidently were not healed while they stood there in front of Jesus, talking to Him, asking Him to heal them.  It was when they started down the road to obey Jesus’ command to show themselves to the priest that the healing actually took place.  When they took that first step, they still had leprosy!  But as they continued down the road (in faith) their healing took place.  This is a valuable lesson/example for me all these years later.  This was written for my edification, for my learning, so I know that God wants me to just go, just act upon what I know He can do, even if I don not see the final result at the very start.  Sometimes He may want to do the miracle I am looking for after I begin to obey Him in whatever it is that He is leading me into.  I cannot afford, spiritually, to wait to see what the end result of my obedience will be.  I just need to start out on my path of obedience and see what God will do as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment