Thursday, February 16, 2017

What trees and I have in common



Genesis 2:9a The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground – trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food.

To me, there is nothing quite as peaceful, restful, or soothing as seeing the beauty of the green tops of trees against a robin’s egg blue sky.  Almost every time I see that kind of view I am reminded that God could have created the world in only black and white!  But for His pleasure and for ours, He made it full of hues that we can see and from what I read about our eyesight, hues we cannot yet see.  And while I am quite certain that my non-scientifically inclined mind does not know or comprehend all of the purposes of trees, of one thing I am certain because Genesis 2:9a tells us… every tree I see has a purpose.  And if an inanimate object such as a tree has a God-intended purpose, how much more do I, as an animate, living person, have a God-intended purpose?

View of trees from our trip to North Carolina last fall

No comments:

Post a Comment