Sunday, February 12, 2017

Representing God



Exodus 39:43 Moses inspected the work and saw that they had done it just as the Lord had commanded.  So Moses blessed them.

As God’s representative, Moses had given the instructions on every detail for the tabernacle.  Then, again as God’s representative, he chose the men who would be in charge of the building and preparation of it all.  As His representative, Moses oversaw the work, and as God’s representative he then inspected the finished product.  In the final step, Moses once again served as God’s representative and recognized the good work the builders had done by blessing them.  Back in the beginning of the book of Exodus we read of God’s call to Moses to be His representative to the Israelites and the Egyptians.  When Moses hesitated, God chose his brother Aaron to be his spokesman, telling Moses “[Aaron] will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.” (Ex. 4:16).  In other words, Moses was God’s representative to Aaron as well.  Everything revolved around Moses being God’s representative to the Egyptians and to the Israelites.  God planned to speak through Moses in every situation.  This got me to thinking about God's call to me. In a sense, I am like Moses … I am God's representative to people with whom I come in contact.  When I bless a person who has done a good job or performed an act well, I am in a sense representing God to that person.  Pretty awesome thought!  Makes me more eager to bless more people.  Look out, waiters and waitresses, store clerks and stock people, mail carriers and garbage collectors, lawn and garden keepers, auto mechanics!  More blessings coming your way!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo Ann: love " I am God's representative to people with whom I come in contact." it reminds me of a thought from Jill Briscoe: Our place of ministry is between our own two feet.

    ReplyDelete